AJ

10/14/2010

Alright then...rest!

Posted by AJ Huffman |

I love the way the Lord speaks to me. I hear something or read something somewhere and it gets me to thinking about Him and how Awesome He is. It just starts a chain of events in my mind. Just like this morning, when I was checking my Twitter feed. A Tweet from christian speaker Tony Nolan got my attention. "Did Jesus feed 5k? Did He open blind eyes? Did He raise the dead? Did He makes demons flee? Alright then..rest." The obvious answer to all those questions is YES! So since Jesus did all those things, they why do I worry so much? Got me thinking about a couple of passages in the Bible.

"Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground apart from the will of your Father. And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. So don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows."~ Matthew 10:29-31


"Come unto me, all that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light" ~Matthew 11:28-30

God is good, and He loves us more than we can ever imagine. He wants to take care of us. It got me to thinking about one of my new favorite songs by Coffey Anderson, called "All Ye". It kind of sums up what I'm trying to say, so take a look and listen.

0 comments:

Subscribe