AJ

9/28/2010

Missing Dad

Posted by AJ Huffman |

This morning when as I was driving in to work (it's a short drive), I noticed the colors in the sky. Brilliant shades of Orange, Pink, Reds, with a hint of blue. I just had to say thank you to my God. Only he could make colors like that. As an artist, I've tried many times to mix paints to match those colors. But only God can make something like that. As I stood outside looking up to the sky, I got to thinking about my Dad. Thinking about how much I miss him. I still have times when I have a question, and I pick up the phone to call him, only to realize he won't be answering. I just hope that I can live up to the example he gave me. I can only hope I can be the father to my son that my Dad was to me.

This song by Joey + Rory called "My Old Man" just brought me to tears this morning. Thought I would share it with ya'll. I miss you Dad, but I know I'll see you again one day.

1 comments:

Rhonda said...

I know exactly how you feel, AJ. It's been over 5 years for me and there are still moments that the wound is still so fresh. We both had amazing daddys that left huge voids. At least we know where they are and I bet they'll have great things to show us when we get there, too!

Subscribe