AJ

1/06/2009

So far so good

Posted by AJ Huffman |

I've been on my diet and exercise program now for a day and half and all I have to say is so far so good.  Woke up yesterday at 5:30 and since the weather was so bad turned on the news and walked in place for 15 minutes.  Drank my glass of water, then hit the shower and got ready for work.  Waited till 8 to drink my slim fast for breakfast.  At my 100 calorie Party Pack Cheez-It snack and headed home for another slim fast and turkey sandwich for lunch.  That night I had baked chicken with rice, and plenty of water throughout the day.

Exercise has been going better than I planned as well.  Like I said above I am trying to get up at 5:30 in the morning and doing some brisk walking in place before I start my day.  As soon as I walked through the door after work  yesterday, I got a text message encouraging me to do some more walking before supper.  So I changed clothes and walked in place for another 15 minutes.  Drew thought it was so funny that I was walking in place, and asked me why I was doing it.  I told him I was doing it for him, that I needed to lose some weight and get healthy.  And you know what that boy of mine did, he got up and walked in place right beside me.  That made me want to do it even more, so I walked an extra 5 minutes.

I want to thank everyone who has sent a text or a tweet, left me a comment, or encouraged me during my first few days of this new adventure.  And I want to ask that  you keep doing it as well as keep me in your prayers that I stick with it, cause I need to lose this weight.   

As a reminder I'm going to post this picture of me at the Journey Christmas Party back in December.  I never want to look like this again.


6 comments:

ash said...

you can do this AJ!!! keep up the hard work! this will soon become a lifestyle for you!!! good luck and i pray you continue each day living healthier!!

Anonymous said...

Keep of the GREAT work. You are doing great.

bowling1 said...

I know you can do it. You have two reasons....Drew & your dad.

Mandy said...

We are all here to support you! You are setting Drew up for a healthy adult life, simply by setting a good example. That is a GREAT reason to stick with it. After a while.. it will just be how you live, and it won't be hard anymore. You'll love to exericse and you'll miss it when you don't. PROMISE. :)

Anonymous said...

I am proud of your commitment to live a healthier life, and it sounds like you are doing really well! I will say a prayer for you!

RADstitches said...

It will be hard at times... mainly it is just a change of lifestyle. Good luck and hang in there!

Subscribe