AJ

1/07/2009

Gone to be with his Lord

Posted by AJ Huffman |

SHELBY GLEN HUFFMAN
1955-2009

I will update with detail later, just wanted to let all my blog friends know that my Dad has gone to be with his Lord.  We are doing ok, thanks to all the prayers, thoughts, and love of our friends and family.  Dad will be missed not only by his family, but by his friends and everyone who he came in contact with.  Just pray for our family as we get through the rest of this week.  Love you Daddy, and I'll see you again some sweet day.

UPDATE:  Arrangements have been made and we will have Visitation from 6pm to 8pm Friday evening, and the Funeral will be Saturday morning at 10am.  Both will be held at Immanuel Baptist Church in Monticello Arkansas.  And I wanted to thank everyone for there thoughts, comments, and prayers during this difficult time.  You don't know how much it means to me and my family.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm just hurting for you and your family. I'm praying.

ash said...

AJ your dad was a quite man but you always knew he cared even about the small things! He always put a smile on my face! He will be missed and you and your family are in my prayers!

bowling1 said...

You don't have to say goodbye..I prefer until we meet again.

Shelley said...

what a fitting title for this post... not about 'death' but about his eternal life. Praying for your family in this tough time...

Shelley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

AJ, what a great family you have. My family is praying for yours, as is our church family.

Jennifer said...

I prayed for you and your family last night and I will continue to keep you in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

I never knew Shelby but if he is anything like Bruce and Teri then he is a great man. Praying for you and your family.

Anonymous said...

AJ, you've been on my mind all day ever since ashlee emailed me and told me.

your dad was a wonderful guy. we remember all the times he and your mom would come to the baptist home with ABATE and CMA.

i know you know he's home now, and we don't grieve for him, but rather because those who are left behind miss him.

you guys are in our prayers

Mom of these kids said...

I know we are praising that he is in heaven, and is happier than ever now.....but I am so sad for you. I am so sorry for your loss. I have been thinking about you, and praying for you all day.

Unknown said...

A.J. I am so sad for your entire family!! Your dad was such a great guy, such great neighbors for all those years. It is comforting to know he is where my dad is, neighbors again at last. One day, thanks to Jesus Christ we will be where they are!!

Terry,Richard,Zoe, and Tom

Subscribe