AJ

1/11/2009

A Big Thank You

Posted by AJ Huffman |

Just wanted to say a big "THANK YOU" to all my friends and family who have been there for me during the past week. All the calls, comments on this blog, text messages, emails, prayers, hugs, kind words, the visits, and just being there for me to talk to.

I have felt the presence of the Lord all around me this past week. On the way to the Hospital Tuesday night, I prayed for my Dad, and I knew in my heart of hearts that something wasn't right. But as I finished praying and turned on KLove, the song "Amazing Grace (my chains are gone) by Chris Tomlin was playing, and then right after that "There will be a day" by Jeremy Camp came on. Those songs really touched my heart and I sang along with them at the top of my lungs, tears flowing. Know that thing were going to never be the same again. But also knowing that God is still on the throne and will always be by my side.

So again I want to say thank you to all of you who have been there in this difficult time. And I'll leave you with the quote my dad always put at the end of all his emails he sent out.


"THE WILL OF GOD WILL NEVER TAKE YOU WHERE
THE GRACE OF GOD WILL NOT PROTECT YOU"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that statement your Dad used in his emails. How true and encouraging is that.

Mom of these kids said...

Been thinking about you and praying for you all weekend. I love both of those songs you mentioned they sing them at our church a lot.

What inspiring words from you dad. Maybe you should take over the tradition, and begin using that yourself. Your dad, and your family are in inspiration.

Mandy said...

We love you, AJ. I am praying for your family daily.

Subscribe