AJ

1/04/2009

I've got to do something

Posted by AJ Huffman |

I am finally going to get serious. I am going to come right out and put it on my blog for the whole world to see. I stepped on the scale and I weigh 340 pounds. Let me spell that out for you THREE HUNDRED AND FORTY pounds. I have always been a big guy, but this last year with all that's been going on in my life, I've really put on the pounds. And with my family history of heart problems it's something I have to do.

So here I go, I'm going to try to blog about my weight lose. I'm starting first thing in the morning. Friends and Co Workers of mine Jason and Karen Caldwell have had some success with the Slim Fast plan, so I thought I'd try it. I know it's going to be tough but I'm determined to get the weight off, not only for my sake, but for the simple fact that I want to be around for my son. So Slim Fast here I come. Wish me luck, and if you see me with that greasy cheese burger at lunch, slap me in the back of the head, real hard.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

good luck AJ. Like Jeff said it is a year of change. Wishing you the best.

Anonymous said...

this weight loss thing is catching! that's good though... the more people losing, the more pressure for me to lose too!

bowling1 said...

I will be on you like white on rice...wait..I will be all over you like a spider monkey!

If you stick with the diet than I have confidence you will loose weight! Now that you've mentioned my name I am going to have to post on my blog with Jason and my actual weight.....

Mandy said...

Good for you, AJ!! If I may suggest, skip the SlimFast and go to Brandy Williams at the Shake Shack here in town. It's located inside that tanning place on HWY 278.. I've been doing just one shake for breakfast, and then eating normal food the rest of the day, and I've dropped five pounds in the past month. Five pounds on my frame is a good bit, especially considering I'd been at a stand-still for the past three months!

I was just talking about trying some cool new exercise DVDs that I got from Walmart for only $9 on my blog. I'm about to post a review of the one I did last night!

You can totally do this! One of the good things about starting at your weight is that you can really see a lot of loss, REALLY fast if you drop the junk food for healthy food. If you want any healthy eating ideas, let me know! I'm full of 'em! :)

Mom of these kids said...

Kuddos to you! You have taken your first big step....by going public, you have given yourself more accountabilty, and you have lots of people encouraging you...I know you can do it!

I am also an emotional eater and I have packed on a lot of lbs as well. About 70lb since high school. YIKES! I need to lose it bad too, to have the energy to keep up with my life.

I am rooting for ya!

Subscribe