AJ

5/07/2009

No Power

Posted by AJ Huffman |

Just a quick update.  Yesterday morning got a call from Channel 7 Meteorologist Ned Perme saying there was a Tornado warning near my area.  Mom signed me up for Weather Call Seven where they call you and let you know if there are serve weather near your area.  Well that call came about 5 o clock in the morning.  I woke up and turned on the TV to see what the fuss was all about, because it didn't look bad outside to me.  About the time I turned the TV on and radar with all the rain and what not coming my way, the lights went out and the rain and winds came.  I got back in bed with Drew, who was still fast asleep, and prayed for God to watch over us.


Set my alarm on my cell phone for 6 o clock and tried to go back to sleep.  Couldn't sleep cause Daddy mode took over and was watching Drew sleep.  I began to thank God for this little boy, and what he means to me.  Had a good time praising God when the alarm went off and I had to get up and get ready for work in the dark, still no power.  Got ready and got Drew up and ready, and dropped him off with him Mom, and I headed to work.  I full expected SeaArk to have no power because at the slightest hint of a storm, power goes off.  Got to work and lights where on so I started my day, but around 7:30am the power went off, and we were sent home.  Cause I work on a computer all day, no power = no work for AJ to be done. 

Went and picked up Drew and headed over to Mamaw's, then Mom's house cause they had power.  Checked on my apartment several times throughout the day yesterday, and still no power.  It was Wednesday and I was really looking forward to church, looking forward to eating pizza and having a fun game night with my  youth.  But since the church had no power, church was cancelled.  Drew and I spent the night with Mom last night, and last I checked I still had no power this morning.  Last I heard power should be restored by 6pm tonight, we shall see.

Storms and tornado's touched down in the Monticello area, but I don't think anyone was hurt.  Just a lot of rain, lot of wind damage, and lots of limbs and trees down.  Please pray for the people around Monticello as we begin to clean up, and get back to our normal lives.  I can't wait to see the Sun shine again.


Update: Light finally came on around lunch time today....Yay!!!!!

Monticello Tornado May 2009 from Jeff Noble on Vimeo.

0 comments:

Subscribe