AJ

1/18/2009

Cross Road

Posted by AJ Huffman |

I feel as if I'm at a cross road in my life. That's weird for me to say as a 31 year old. Now I'm not here to have a pity party, but the past year of my life hasn't been all that great. Between the divorce, the death of my father, among other things, it seems as if everything is coming down on me all at once. But I do know one thing, God is still on the throne. God is in control no matter what. And like on the movie "Facing The Giants", I'll praise him when I win, and I'll praise he when I lose.

I know God has something awesome in store for my life. I know he is preparing me for something, I just wish I knew exactly what it was. But I know what ever God has in store for me, he's using the events in my life to prepare me. I know I'm not perfect, and not even worthy of what God is doing in my life. He has given me an awesome little boy that looks up to me. I want to be an example to him of what a Christian Man is suppose to be. I know the Lord has something in store for his life, because he wouldn't have been born, if not.

But I not only want to be an example for my son, I want to be an example for other kids and young people out there. I want God to use me some how, it might not be in a leadership position, but then again it might be. I want to say Lord, here am I, use me. He's working in my life, he's putting people in my life who I know will be there for me, who I know will pray at a moment's notice, anytime of the day or night. I want to use the gifts God has given me to further his kingdom.

I know this probably doesn't make sense to anyone and sounds like I'm rambling on. But I felt to urge to write what's on my heart. And I ask anyone who is reading this to please say a pray for me, as I stand at the cross road. Pray with me, that God will reveal himself in a mighty way to me, and that I will follow him where ever he leads me. But I want to leave you with a verse I read this evening as I was praying and seeking God's face.

"Surely he took up our infirmities and carried our sorrows, yet we considered him stricken by God, smitten by him, and afflicted. But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities, the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed."
Isaiah 53:4-5

6 comments:

bowling1 said...

After having Taylor and going in and out of hospitals, trying to take care of her (being special need) and still trying to keep up with our everyday life I thought "okay God what do you have in mind for Jason and I". We never questioned where our lives were being guided. When Taylor passed away I really started questining WHY. I can't remember who told me this but someone said "God will never give you more than you can handle".

Years later when Jason was hurt in the accident once again I had to keep in mind that God will never give you more than you can handle. At this time I really started questioning and thinking..."God I really don't think I am as strong as you think."

While our situations are not quite the same I understand what you are going through and I know by your faith you will survive. At times you may question it BUT you will work through it!

Good luck in your travels!

Teri said...

The Lord has awesome things in store for you. This i am sure. I am so proud that you are listening to God's call in your life. You are an awesome Dad and your walk with God will only strengthen this. Drew is a lucky boy to have you as his dad. I am praying for you as you put yourself out there and stand on your faith. God will bless you for your faithfullnes. I am sure your Dad is smiling down from Heaven on you as you stand at this crossroad knowing you will stand with God, just as he always did!

Mom of these kids said...

I wish you could have heard our sermon at church this weekend. It was just on this thing, and it was AWESOME! I think they put it on their website, I will try to find it for you.

He was talking about the things we face, and how if we let him, God will wrap his arms around us to protect us, and to lead us to wonderful things if we can stay strong in him through out hardships. How awesome. It really got to thinking about my struggles lately. As I try to be strong in the Lord, and do things for him, I feel like the devil has brought me a lot of obstacles to try to pull me away. I have felt peace though, and I do believe that it is God wrapping his arms around me, and I know he is doing that for you. I think that it is great the direction you are headed, despite your hardships this year. The Lord is lifting you up.

I totally get where you were going with this post!! I hope my comment made sense.

Anonymous said...

it's a scary time, but it's an exciting time, too. i've always wondered how people without the Lord in their lives navigate these times of trouble. i guess when it's the only thing you've known, you muddle through. but we who have known life without Christ, and now know life with Christ, we know it is far better to have Him standing with us... carrying us even, when we can't stand.

hang in there, brother. a lot of brothers and sisters have got your back

Mandy said...

I wish I had some fantastic and wise words for you, AJ. Those great words always tend to escape me. Your strength in these trying times is such an inspiration. In all honesty, while Clayton was gone this past week and Sam broke his arm - I really did think of you. I thought that if you can lean on Christ to make it through, then I can surely make it through but one week on my own! God is using you RIGHT NOW. He used you to encourage ME. You didn't even know it.. :)

Anonymous said...

Our family has re-discovered the joyful privilege of being the subject of focused prayers. You have been as well in many prayers over the past weeks. I'm totally confident that as the days and months progress, you'll be seeing amazing results from our gracious God who is always faithful to reveal Himself to those who earnestly seek Him.

Subscribe