AJ

9/26/2008

Fair Time

Posted by AJ Huffman |

It's that time of year again, when the Drew County Fair rolls into town. I remember as a kid looking forward to the fair, my mom would volunteer in the kitchen and my best friend Kirk and I would have a great time riding the rides and playing the games. But for the past few years the fair has seem to have lost it's allure. I don't know if it's the fact that I'm grown up now or what, but it's just not the same. Drew on the other hand loves it. I took him out to the parade and he had a blast watching all the floats and the marching bands pass by. After the parade we headed out to the fair grounds. He was all about wanting to ride some rides, so since it wasn't an arm band night, I only let him ride a couple of rides. He chose the Jumbo Elephants (A Disney Dumbo ripoff) and the Nascar Racers. He had a blast on both of them, then we went and looked at all the animals in the live stock barn and got us a hot dog to share. I myself might not have enjoyed the fair, but I really enjoyed watching him have fun. And really isn't that what it's all about?

2 comments:

Mom of these kids said...

I think we are just OLD A.J. I feel the same way about the fair now, but it used to LOVE it, and go several nights.

I remember your sweet mom always working at the fair!!

Jennifer said...

You're so right! That is what it's all about! Your little man is so cute!

Subscribe