AJ

9/28/2008

Buffalo Chicken Dip

Posted by AJ Huffman |

At Journey Church today we had our Missions Lunch. Instead of spending our money elsewhere we all give $4.00 for a potluck type meal, with all the monies raised going towards Missions. This week's meal had a "tailgating" theme. I decided to try out a recipe that I found online called "Buffalo Chicken Dip" and it was a big hit. Several people asked me for the recipe so I decided to post it here on my blog. If you tried this let me know what you think. I doubled the recipe below, just for you information.

Buffalo Chicken Dip

1 Canned Chicken Breast
1 Package of Cream Cheese
½ Cup of Blue Cheese Dressing (You can use Ranch if you wish)
¼ to ½ Cup of Hot Sauce or Wing Sauce
½ Cup Shredded Cheese

-Soften Cream Cheese to room temperature.
-Mix Cream Cheese, Hot Sauce, and Blue Cheese Dressing
-Spread into greased/sprayed pan
-Layer Chicken on top of Cream Cheese mixture
-Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes
-Serve with Frito Scoops, Crackers, and or Celery Sticks.



3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Hello A.J.! I just found you in the blog world and I decided this would be a good post to comment on! The dip was great!!! I've never had anything like it and I loved it! (and now I have the recipe..he he!) Thanks for the secret!
Take care and God Bless you and your family!
Jennifer Stewart

RADstitches said...

Hey that sounds yummy! I will have to give it a try! Thanks!

KaitCav said...

Hey AJ, I always use canned chicken in my Buffalo Chicken Dip. Swanson Chicken is made with only white meat chicken breast (I know because I work for them!) and makes this dip really delicious! Here's my version:

1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
2 cans (9.75 oz each) Swanson® Premium Chunk Chicken Breast, drained
½ cup Frank’s ® RedHot ® Sauce
½ cup blue cheese salad dressing
½ cup crumbled blue cheese
Assorted fresh vegetables and/or crackers

Directions:
1. Stir cream cheese in 9” deep pie dish until smooth. Stir in remaining ingredients.
2. Bake at 350°F. for 20 min. until hot and bubbling. Stir. Serve with vegetables and crackers.

Tips:
Substitute ranch dressing for blue cheese dressing and shredded cheddar or mozzarella cheese for blue cheese crumbles.

Subscribe