AJ

7/22/2008

Look Daddy, It's a Cross!

Posted by AJ Huffman |

Drew came to me last night and asked me to help him put his wooden train tracks together with him. We have to get the two short peices together first then attach the four long straight peices to them. After doing so, my son looks up at me and says "Look Daddy, it's a cross, like the one Jesus died on." Needless to say my heart melted right there, and I asked him did he know why Jesus died on the cross. He said so Jesus could go to Heaven. So I sat him down on my lap and told him that Jesus died on the cross for our sins, so that we could go to Heaven. He thought about it for a minute and said, like the Preacher (http://ajhuffman.blogspot.com/2007/10/in-memory-of-rev-randall-eddlemon.html)?
I said exactly like the Preacher. It's little moments like this, that I try to hold on to forever.

0 comments:

Subscribe