AJ

1/30/2011

Polar Plunge

Posted by AJ Huffman |


I spent this past Weekend at Weevil Pond on the UAM campus. First off to support my friends Jason and Karen Caldwell who did a 24 hour Super Plunge for Special Olympics. They set a goal and met that goal to Plunge in the cold pond every hour for 24 hours. I then joined them on the last plunge "in costume". Let me tell you that the sun was shinning, and it was perfect weather, but that water was still cold. I don't see how Jason and Karen did for 24 times, I could barely stand one time. But it was all for a great cause, Special Olympics is near and dear to my heart. Around $10,000 was raised for Special Olympics of Arkansas Area 12. Check out the video below, Jason, Karen, and I were the first ones to plunge.

Polar Bear Plunge with Everyone from MonticelloLive on Vimeo.




0 comments:

Subscribe