AJ

10/19/2009

Bad Blogger

Posted by AJ Huffman |

I know, I know, I've been a very bad blogger. My last post was on 9/23/2009 and it was a "Wordless Wednesday" picture post. My last actual blog with words was on 9/21/2009. Almost an entire month with out blogging, bad, bad blogger. I'm not going to make any excuses. I have had several different topics that I've wanted to blog about, but when I actually have time to sit down and write, blogging is the last thing on my mind. So I guess I'll try and catch everyone up on what's been going on in my life. So forgive me if I ramble a little bit.

Work has picked up at SeaArk Marine and with my side business Designs By AJ. So that has kept me busy, which is a good thing. Joe with Monticello Live has been busy selling ads, which means I've been busy designing them to go on the site. Also been busy going to Football games to watch the Billies dominate there opponents. And of course watching my beloved Hogs on Saturdays showing the football world what they are made of.

Been busy with my church and Uth group as well. And it's only going to get busier as the year draws to a close. We are planning on going to Central Arkansas City Fest this weekend to see Toby Mac, Newsboys, and Kirk Franklin in concert. On Halloween, we are going to be trick or treating for Can Goods, instead of candy. We've helped out at the Food Pantry at our church where we served 74 families one Saturday. And our Wednesday Night D2S (Dare 2 Share) meetings have been great. We always have a great time of worship and learning from God's word. One Wednesday night in particular was very special to me. Donna was scheduled to do the devotion, but had gotten sick and couldn't make it. So that left me wondering what to do. So I prayed and asked the Lord what He wanted. I felt the Lord telling me to just Worship. So that's exactly what we did. I called Aaron and asked if he would find some verses on praise and worship, and I put together several worship songs. It was neat to see young people praising God. It was one of the best nights I've had since I started working with the Uth. My prayer for them is that they continue to seek the face of God and that they have the boldness to go and win their school for Christ.

And as of today (Monday 10/19/2009) I am starting back on my diet and exercise program. I was doing so good at the beginning of the year. I think I had lost 20 something pounds. But this summer I let myself go. I stepped on the scale and looked at the big number of 342 staring back at me. Yes you read that right 342, that is way to heavy, that is way to unhealthy. So I made myself a promise that I would get back to watching what I eat, and get back to walking. I hit the big blue monster this evening after work and could only walk a half a mile before my back starting hurting. So after a few minutes rest, I got back up and walked another half mile. 1 mile in total, not to back for getting started again. So please if you are reading this and see me out and about, keep an eye out for me, and if you see me eating something I shouldn't let me know about it. I need to lose this weight, and I'm going to lose it.

Well I think I've rambled on enough for tonight. I will do my best to try and keep everyone updated on my weight lose journey, and all the other fun stuff that's going on in my life. And as my son would say...."HOLLA"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am proud of you AJ! Jason and I have been trying to be more diligent about our health these days. We get in a few workouts a week but no where near what we want. Maybe 2 times a week then our schedule gets so busy we miss a week and are back at square one. It's hard no way round it. I hate sitting at desk all day with little exercise during the winter. I know your motivation is your little man. I know you want to be around to see him grow up. And you can do it....one mile at a time!! Keep it up!

Miss Teri said...

I am so proud of you for getting back on the weight loss wagon. I know it is hard but you can do all things through Christ who strengthens you. You are so special and precious to the people that love you and we are all supporting you in this journey to a skinny A.J. or at least a healthier one. I hope to walk with you some afternoons as i too need to get back on the healthy wagon. Love you Aunt Teri

Subscribe