AJ

2/17/2009

The Power Of Prayer

Posted by AJ Huffman |

Prayer is a powerful thing.  It is amazing to me that we can come before the creator of the universe and talk to him like he is our friend.  The Bible says in Hebrew 4 : 14 - 16

 14Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession.

 15For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.

 16Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

I love where it says in Verse 16 that we can come BOLDLY unto the throne of grace.   God wants to hear our prayers and He wants to answer them.  Although those answers are not always what we want, or in the timely manner that we want them.  God's Will, will be done, and His Will is what needs to be done, not ours. 

I attended my first Prayer Group meeting with a group of friends and believers from Immanuel Baptist last night.  And I must say, I truly felt the presence of the Lord in my Aunt Teri's living room that night.  I don't think there was  dry eye in the room, as we poured out our hearts to God.  We prayed for psychical needs, spiritual needs, and we also prayed for lost loved ones.  Can't wait till the next we meet together to pray.

I have been praying and have felt the Lord move in my life.  I sense the Lord leading me in a certain direction.  I just pray that I will continue to be open to his calling for my life, what ever that might be, and where ever that might lead me.

2 comments:

Shelley said...

I need to make it to the next pg.

Mandy said...

I've only ever gone to one prayer group (at Journey and you were there lol) but I so know what you mean. I was literally trembling from feeling God's presence in the room... it's almost impossible to describe to those who have not yet experienced it.

Prayer is so powerful... it's so easy to forget that. Often times I know i can treat prayer like one more thing to check off of my "to do" list, when the truth is making deliberate time to spend with God in prayer is so amazing. It is life changing.

Subscribe