AJ

10/07/2008

He makes me think

Posted by AJ Huffman |

My wonderful son, he is a hand full sometimes but I love him to death. With all that has been going on around Monticello here in the past few weeks, all the deaths, and accidents, it makes me want to spend every waking moment with him. I want to hug him, kiss him, and make sure he knows beyond a shadow of a doubt that his daddy loves him, and that he is the most important thing in my life besides my relationship with Jesus Christ. There have been some stuff going on in the life our our family at the moment, that has made things difficult, but that's for another time and place.

Last night while I had him, he was laying down on my bed playing, while I was in the living room. He called me into my room and asked if I could sit down with him. I told him daddy was busy and that I wasn't going to sit down in the bed room with him. He pouted as I left the room. About three minutes passed by and he comes walking into the living room with his arms crossed. And what he said to me, went straight to the heart. My little boy looked at me and said "Daddy, I told Jesus on you". I looked at him and asked him what he meant. What did he tell Jesus about. He said that Jesus had sent me here to talk to him in my bed room. So right away I went to my bed room and layed down on the bed with him and talked about how his day went. We laughed, played, tickled, and giggled for a good 10 to 15 minutes. A few hours later after I put him to bed, I just looked at him and began to cry. He was right, Jesus did send me to talk to him. He looks to me to be a man of God, and raise him up right. I felt guilty for not taking the time to just be with him.

So if hug your little ones tightly, hold them close, cause you are not promised tomorrow. Same thing goes for the not so little ones that you hold dear.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

What a wonderful post AJ! Your boy is sooo stinkin' adorable! I try to hug on mine as much as I can!

Mom of these kids said...

Awww! Sniff sniff. Way to go Drew for telling on your daddy!! LOL

Aren't we all guilty of that?? There is always something to do to keep us busy isn't it. But just that 10-15 mins of undivided attention was so special for you both. Through the eyes of your son...straight to your heart....Jesus was talking to you...and thanks for sharing!

Subscribe